Cost for Expat Tax Return Preparation | Genesis Tax Consultants, LLC
Genesis Tax Consultants

Cost of Expat Tax Return Preparation

Cost of US Expat tax preparation 


Typical Expat Tax Preparation Fees


American expatriate tax return preparation 


$350 Flat rate federal


$75 State non-resident   


$50 fbar filing

Expat Federal Returns Flat Fee $350.  State return (Non-Resident or Part Year Resident) flat fee per state $75*.

FBARs $50 per year.  Genesis Tax Consultants, LLC is registered with the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) to submit FBARs on behalf of Taxpayer's worldwide.  Add +$10 per additional bank account

As a client you will be sent an invite to have the option to create your own secure encrypted file sharing account to securely upload and share your tax documents with us.

You are not going to beat this price for the value you are receiving!

*Up to 1 Schedule C & 1 Rental Property, State Flat Rate $75 per state when also paying for Federal Return Preparation, $50 FBAR per year for 1 account, each additional item $10 each.

Examples of Tax Return Preparation Fees 

Genesis Tax Consultants, LLC values our client's trust in the principle of truth of advertising.  It is important that people understand the pricing and to have a clear method to estimate the cost of their return preparation.  


Supporting Documents Needed to Prepare Your U.S. Income Tax Return

  • Forms W-2 for wages, salaries and tips
  • Foreign wage statements (if applicable)
  • All Forms 1099 for interest, dividends, retirement, miscellaneous income, Social Security, state or local refunds, gambling winnings, etc.
  • Brokerage statements showing investment transactions for stocks, bonds, etc.
  • Schedules K-1 from partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts
  • Statements supporting deductions for mortgage interest, taxes, and charitable contributions (including any Form 1098-C)
  • Any tax notices sent to you by the IRS or other taxing authority
  • A copy of your U.S. income tax return from last year
  • A copy of your foreign country tax return (if applicable)
  • A list of travel dates to the US and any foreign country
  • Maximum values of all foreign bank or financial accounts held during the year

If you do not have copies of these documents I can order them directly from the IRS by having you sign either a Form 8821, Tax Authorization Form or Form 2848 IRS Power of Attorney for a small fee. 

Nicholas Hartney, LLC BBB Business Review

Complex Return? Receive a Quote by Submitting the Below Form
If there is anything outside the ordinary going on with your return (i.e. you more than 2 rental properties, need multiple years prepared, sale of real estate, etc.) please make a note in the message box.
Name *
Types of Income Received *

Click on image to verify professional license through the IRS Preparer Directory Search: Germany, 65812 Hartney

Click on image to verify professional license through the IRS Preparer Directory

Search: Germany, 65812 Hartney

➤ locations served

Available for all taxpayers in every state and all Expatriates living abroad. 

for appointment. 


Let's Chat

Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal enquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your industry along with any specific document requests. To help us best service your enquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.

For job opportunities, please email us your resume. We’re always looking for new and exceptional talent to lead the firm into uncharted fields of practice.

Name *
Please do not include confidential or sensitive information in your message. In the event that we are representing a party with opposing interests to your own, we may have a duty to disclose any information you provide to our client.
Confirm You Are a Person *